The World Press Photo Foundation believes in the power of showing and the importance of seeing high-quality visual stories. Our purpose is to connect the world to the stories that matter. We create and support the conditions that make possible the stories that matter.
We showcase stories that make people stop, feel, think and act. We encourage diverse accounts of the world that present stories with different perspectives. We exhibit those stories to a worldwide audience, educate the profession and the public on their making, and encourage debate on their meaning. We are a global platform connecting professionals and audiences through trustworthy visual journalism and storytelling.
Sales Executive Exhibitions
The Exhibitions Team is currently looking for a Sales Executive to work with us full time, starting on 1 April 2019.
Each year the annual World Press Photo exhibition travels to 110 locations in 45 countries around the world. In addition, we also have a portfolio of special exhibitions highlighting work from the foundation’s new programs, including the African Photojournalism Database and the 6x6 Global Talent Program.
The exhibitions program is central to the foundation’s impact and connects the world to the stories that matter by directly reaching a global audience of more than four million people each year. The exhibitions program is also central to the World Press Photo Foundation’s operation as a social enterprise. The foundation is an independent, non-profit organization, and we generate two-thirds of our revenue from our activities, with the exhibition program the primary source.
To increase both the financial revenue and social impact from our exhibitions we are looking for a proactive, sales oriented individual who wants to join an organization made up of creative and diverse professionals. We are looking for someone with the experience and energy to lead the way in designing and implementing a sales strategy aimed at long-term, high-value relationships with renowned venues and organizations worldwide. You will develop the strategy in close cooperation with the Director of Exhibitions, and execute it in collaboration with the Exhibitions Team. You will also need to be able to curate and set up some four to five international exhibitions yourself.
The primary objective of this position is to develop new client relationships and sell high-value exhibitions concepts and projects to new clients and venues worldwide in order to achieve revenue growth for the foundation.
- Design a new sales strategy, in collaboration with the Director of Exhibitions and the Exhibitions Team, to be implemented from July 2019 onwards
- Lead a sales team comprising of colleagues from the Exhibitions Team
- Identify new international business opportunities and present pitches to new leads
- Deliver new exhibitions and increased revenue in line with the new strategy
- Develop high value, high impact leads, and relationships
- Analyze client accounts, revenue potential and risks across clients worldwide
- Grow acquired client accounts and maintain highly engaged client relationships
- Manage an individual portfolio of four to five international exhibitions, including project management, the curation and installation of these exhibitions, represent the foundation at press conferences and their official openings, and maintaining contact with these exhibitions partners throughout the year
You will be a creative, positive, and high-energy individual with hands-on mentality. You will thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, dynamic environment that requires problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail. You will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude that actively seeks out opportunities, and you will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of three years international experience in the field of business, sales or relationship development
- Demonstrable experience in developing strong and meaningful business relationships
- Proven entrepreneurial success in the field of new business sales, marketing or business development
- Experienced project manager in an international setting with the ability to create end-to-end project plans and successfully manage a range of internal and external stakeholders
- An excellent communicator who is confident in presenting our value proposition to clients
- Be willing to occasionally undertake worldwide travel
- Graduate degree in business, economics or a related field
- Excellent spoken and written fluency in English and in Dutch (other languages are a plus)
- Living in Amsterdam or willing to move to the area.
The World Press Photo Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization with its office in Amsterdam. The organization employs around 28 professionals, with eight staff in the Exhibitions Team.
The World Press Photo Foundation wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, gender, nationality, race or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications that can make the organization a better reflection of global society.
This position is at the moment only open to EU citizens or individuals with an existing and valid work permit for the EU.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Laurens Korteweg, Director of Exhibitions (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Erik Jager, Manager HRM (email@example.com), +31 (0)20 676 6096.
How to apply
Please respond in English before 23 January 2019 by filling in the application form. Please submit both your CV and a letter of motivation in English as a .pdf document. You can start your application by clicking the button 'Apply now'.